Monday, September 17, 2007

Work is Hard

I am currently on business travel. Two weeks away from my wife and daily routine. I am very lucky this time that I am actually on the West Coast staying in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Huntington Beach. I love the pier and Maine Street activities. My day is full of contrast. What I mean is that during the day I am usually totally stressed out and stuck in a not so good working condition. After work I am running on the beach or along the Pacific Coast Highway without a care in the world. This should be good motivation for achieving my financial goals. I wonder how many people on that beach are financially free? How many of them are only working part time? How many of them have sacrificed early in there lives so that they could enjoy such beautiful scenery later on in life?

I'm not sure I would ever want to live full time on the West Coast but it would sure be nice to rent a house a few weeks out of the year. It's on the list for reasons to sacrifice now for a better tomorrow...

One major plus for travelling for work is the extra money I make. Every day out in CA I receive an extra $64 a day for my expenses (tax free). I typically spend about half. For a two week trip I should walk away with an extra couple hundred bucks that will go right into savings. Over the past few years I have managed to save an extra $4,000-$5,000 dollars tax free.

No comments: