Friday, October 19, 2007

Life Get's in the Way

What a crazy few weeks I have had! My work situation is not good. The Division I work in is going through some major business issues right now. The good news is that I am still in the good graces with my supervisors (I have 3 or 4 or maybe 5 bosses). At least I feel that they would be upset if I were to leave. However, the current situation has caused me to consider other options for employment. I have only put in a minimal effort in looking for a job. I updated my resume and went to one job fair which has resulted in two potential opportunities. I also have a potential opportunity within the same company I am working. This entire situation has caused me to really question what I want to do with the next few years. I can try and stay with one company for a long time and move up in the management chain or bounce around every couple of years working on various different project that peak my interest. Having said that... All of this is stressful. In the middle of all of this I got a bad sinus infection that I am still getting over and I have also developed my first experience with TMJ (I am still not sure what this stands for) which is severe jaw pain brought on by stress.
Oh, did I mention, my wife and I just found out that she is pregnant. This does add to the stress but in some way brings everything back into perspective. Regardless, I am in a good job market in a thriving industry with some money in the bank.
The lesson learned over the past few weeks is really the importance of saving money. The corporate rat race is risky business. Not to mention it is bad for your health.

No comments: